At Joinery For All Seasons, we aim to create the conservatory of your dreams.
In this blog post, we would like to share the top 5 things to keep in mind before you build a conservatory.
It’s important to have a design idea for a new conservatory so it suits with the house. This will depend on what you want to use it for, i.e. play room, study, dining. Also consider how often the conservatory will be used, especially during winter season.
2. Ventilation and Heating
3. The Roof
4. Planning Permission
The main points to consider before you start your conservatory project:
- No more than 50% of the original land around your property can be covered with additions.
- You cannot add an extension if your property is facing a highway.
- Your conservatory should not be any bigger than 3 metres for a semi-detached house, and 4 metres for a detached house.
5. Conservatory Base type
- Ideal for installing under floor heating
- Easy to build
- Good for long term use
- Ideal for areas that has restricted access i.e. sloping areas
- No need to remove drains or soils
- Cost effective
- Quicker to install
We hope you enjoyed reading about these 5 things to keep in mind before you build a conservatory. If you have any questions or ideas for a conservatory you’d like to ask us about please do get in contact.